Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

· Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My ‘22 Trailhawk with the 10” screen updated to version FCA-MY22.S26.18-PROD

I’ll update if I notice any changes / improvements / bugs. I definitely have had spotty wireless CarPlay connectivity.

Font Magenta Darkness Brand Sky

· Registered
12 Posts
My ‘22 Trailhawk with the 10” screen updated to version FCA-MY22.S26.18-PROD

I’ll update if I notice any changes / improvements / bugs. I definitely have had spotty wireless CarPlay connectivity.

View attachment 246723
I will say that wireless Android Auto worked better today after this update than ever before. No restarts mid drive, no audio cutting out.

We'll see how long that lasts.

· Registered
7 Posts
I was in the dealer with my 2022 Grand Cherokee L limited for my 4th service and continued issues, they told me that all updates have been applied but that over the air updates would be rolled out starting the 18th of November, on December 2nd I was alerted to updates taking place on my rig.
As of today and only about 100 miles and 6 trips the car play is working as you would have expected it to, I have not noticed anything else yet but have a 600 mile trip tomorrow with several stops so we will see what happens.

· Registered
2 Posts
Just bought a 2021 Grand Cherokee L Limited and on the second day we noticed phone disconnects. Soft reset seems to help. Question: do I need to add home wifi to car to download Uconnect update or it does it do it magically? lol

· Registered
7 Posts
Just bought a 2021 Grand Cherokee L Limited and on the second day we noticed phone disconnects. Soft reset seems to help. Question: do I need to add home wifi to car to download Uconnect update or it does it do it magically? lol
The update I just received was over the air no WiFi, took about 15 min start to finish and CarPlay is working great so far, the rollout of the update started November 18th per the dealer and said it could take up to 2 months to get the update. I went from Build Number: FCA-MY22.S24.18-PROD to Build Number: FCA-MY22.S26.18-PROD.

· Registered
22 WL74 Overland
156 Posts
I think if your having a problem the dealer can install the update before it becomes available for over the air in your area. They did that when I bought mine.
I think it updates over the cellphone signal the jeep has.
So far i haven't had a problem with Android auto of it dropping the phone. But that has only been 15min and 5min drives to and from work.

· Registered
7 Posts
I believe that I can say with 99.8 percent certainty and after 1000 plus miles and about 30 stops that this latest update to Build Number: FCA-MY22.S26.18-PROD has fixed the CarPlay issues also to note I no longer am having audio volume issues or the screen going black or snow, it may have also corrected some other vehicle electronics issues but have not verified.
So I think all of us beta testers for the last year plus can finally get on with our life on the road and enjoy a great vehicle.
Enjoy everyone!!! And happy holidays.

· Registered
22 GC Overland (2 row)
157 Posts
I believe that I can say with 99.8 percent certainty and after 1000 plus miles and about 30 stops that this latest update to Build Number: FCA-MY22.S26.18-PROD has fixed the CarPlay issues also to note I no longer am having audio volume issues or the screen going black or snow, it may have also corrected some other vehicle electronics issues but have not verified.
So I think all of us beta testers for the last year plus can finally get on with our life on the road and enjoy a great vehicle.
Enjoy everyone!!! And happy holidays.
It looks like connectivity is better for me as well but screen seems to be flickering more often now

· Registered
518 Posts
Got the update today. Notified while out for a good drive. So far (not jinxing it), everything seems to be working great. Immediately connects wirelessly to Android, and did not glitch or drop a single time over the 2 hour drive. Nice!

· Registered
497 Posts
It appears that there are only updates for the 22's. I guess us 21 owners are second class.

· Registered
2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Summit
918 Posts
It appears that there are only updates for the 22's. I guess us 21 owners are second class.
Probably "roll back" code, fixing problems that they introduced since release
They better not take away my Theme choices if we get the new code. I'll have to vent every day online about a requirement that was decontented away after purchase. (mainly joking)

1 - 20 of 38 Posts