Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,572 Posts
yes, I have mine, it was on the POC I got from the dealer.
though it doesn't show on the jeep tracker site...

·
Administrator
11,466 Posts
VIN numbers are issued at a particular milestone in the vehicle order/production process and that's by individual vehicle. So if you have an official order placed (you have a VON...vehicle order number)...your VIN will be available one your order progresses to that point where all the tees are dotted and eyes are crossed in the production process. Jeep is relatively quick with the VIN assignment historically, however.

·
Registered
77 Posts
yes, I have mine, it was on the POC I got from the dealer.
though it doesn't show on the jeep tracker site...
I'm in the same boat as you - I got my VIN from the POC, from the dealer, but the VIN does not show up on the Jeep tracker webpage. I got my POC (that showed my VIN) about a week after I placed my order.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I looked at my POC there was no vin, talked to the jeep care and they said still no vin. Supposed I just have to wait
Kevod, not sure how long ago you ordered your jeep but you may want to reach out to your dealer as I believe all Jeep Cares looks at is what you can view on the Jeep tracker webpage. When I spoke to Jeep Cares, earlier this week, they did not tell me the status of my build and when I asked them when production would start, they said they had no idea.

·
Premium Member
1,572 Posts
Thanks, I send him a email hopefully he give me some good news. I ordered 10th July.
IMHO if you ordered 7/10 you should have a VIN, though the jeep tracker site won't show it yet.

Ask your dealer to clip you the POC for your order.

Rectangle Font Circle Magenta Number

·
Registered
28 Posts
IMHO if you ordered 7/10 you should have a VIN, though the jeep tracker site won't show it yet.

Ask your dealer to clip you the POC for your order.

View attachment 243933
How are you guys getting the POC? I ordered from Koons on July 19th. I asked the dealer for the POC and I was told they don’t send anything out after the order was placed. All they send is the VON which I have.

·
Premium Member
1,572 Posts
How are you guys getting the POC? I ordered from Koons on July 19th. I asked the dealer for the POC and I was told they don’t send anything out after the order was placed. All they send is the VON which I have.
I got mine because the first VIN Koons sent me was for a Wrangler o_O .. so they wanted to prove that the NEW VIN was actually for my vehicle.

I don't know how to implore Koons to send you the POC, though it isn't a lot of effort on their part.

Reactions: nwa7265

·
Registered
52 Posts
for what it's worth, I ordered my 2023 GC on May 11th and the tracking site still has no VIN (and no movement other than "scheduled"). Yet my dealer indicated it is scheduled to ship next week with a probable at least 2 more weeks after that to receive it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts