Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whelp, just dropped of our 22 GCL Limited for it's first issue, which is a bummer. My wife noticed a large water line in the headliner going from the rear hatch up to the back of the drivers seat. Jeep has just over 3K miles with 0 issues before this. The dealer has been great about the scheduling and gave us a loaner Jeep, as they said it may take a week or longer to diagnose and or repair the problem. My only wonder is if something with the drain lines or seals did not get put back together correctly when the dealer installed the trailer hitch and wiring harness. I will update this post with more info as I receive it.
Motor vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Automotive design

·
Super Moderator
11,105 Posts
In many vehicles, that's a sign of a clogged moisture drain from up above

Reactions: philbytx

·
Registered
'23 GC WL74 Limited (Jim)
154 Posts
Its no wonder why they are last!
Not to good. But if we're all honest Chrysler/Daimler-Benz/FCA/Stellantis has never had a great reputation for quality built vehicles. While things have improved (as it is a crap shoot with any manufacturer these days) I'm sure it's extremely difficult dealing with suppliers these days with all the issues involved. And sadly there doesn't seem to be an end in sight since our politicians screwed this country completely up.

Disclaimer: My 2019 Jeep Wrangler Sahara has been a great vehicle. Only oil changes, and a dead ESS battery to date, knock wood. :)

·
Registered
High Altitude
14 Posts
I have been through this a few years ago with the wife's jeep. Please let them take their time as more damage was done on the initial repair of the leak and wound up getting a factory rep on site finally to seal the Jeep roof. A drain got pinched and they had to get the grease off from the hands on the headliner. Wife will not let me trade "her Jeep" so I just reseal the roof when necessary.
I am hopeful that you can drive the loaner until yours gets fixed properly. Hopefully they will find the leak as they have came a long way since my incident so please give them the time they need to fix it. Best of luck to you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts