Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
I'm in Wyoming, and the heat sucks unless you put it on 'max defrost', in which case it's a blast furnace. But, one of my second row foot ducts (under front pass seat) was not even connected, nor was my front row center console ducting. Even with it all connected, my front center console cubby is 165 degrees with the rear heat on, the cupholders are 135 deg, and the phone charger is 117 degrees. Then there's cold air wafting around for no reason, and the dash vents don't blow at all if you have the defrost, dash and floor vents running, and half the time the air coming out of the front footwells is cold, even though you have the heat cranked and it's -15F outside.

I suspect the blend motors are bad, the door seals are bad (weird cold air wafting around, and defective doorseals are a problem on these), and the ducting isn't attached properly (in at least two places on mine, and I suspect there's more).

While my issues are heat-related (bought in December and live in Wyoming) vs AC, the problems may be the same.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Every car I've had for the past few decades has always been 'set and forget' with the automatic HVAC settings. My WL requires constant fidgeting, doesn't even try to reach the specified temp often times, and all the weird problems I had in the cold of WY winter are similar in the summer. It's either broken, or was designed by someone who shouldn't even be allowed to touch the thermostat in whatever office they work in. Worst, most recalcitrant, unpredictable HVAC I've ever seen.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Good to know re the 'sync' option. It's otherwise so LOUD it makes it hard to use the phone. Such a weird HVAC system...

For CarPlay, it doesn't matter if I use wired or wireless, it's just been a total mess the entire time I've owned it (going into 8 months, 9k miles now)

·
Registered
498 Posts
For me, wired Android Auto is 100% solid. My wife uses wireless CarPlay. I can't say there have been any drop outs on that side, but not enough personal usage on the platform yet for me to have a valid opinion.
My UConnect CarPlay basically plays the 'hey... do I know you from somewhere?' game. Sometimes it comes on right away (wireless), other times I'll be riding along in silence for 5-10 minutes and suddenly some random song will start blaring, other times it won't connect at all even on wired connection, and if my wife's phone is in the car too it just shits the bed and forgets everything until she gets out of the car. It's the most asinine setup I've ever seen in any car, ever.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts