Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

Which WL do you have?

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

· Administrator
11,978 Posts
A Laredo with a Hemi. Novel concept....
Yea, not an unusual thing "back in the day" of the earlier "WK2" years when it was Laredo, Limited and Overland. The V6 was more of a pig back then because of the 5 speed transmission, too. From MY14 on, the "WK2" with the V6 was a decent performer with the 8 speed and V8 availability began to slip away on Laredo based vehicles and even lower end Limiteds. While lots of folks who post on forums like this have a craving for the V8, the general public doesn't really care for the most part. There's more interest in fuel economy for the largest percentage of buyers.

· Registered
131 Posts
My sarcasm was clearly missed….
Apparently so but now I get it.
I did test drive a '12 with the V6 and 5 speed before my '12 with the Hemi and 6 speed arrived. It really was a dog. My '23 JGCL with the V6 and 8 speed is more than adequate. I'm totally happy with it and the 50% improvement in fuel economy around town is a big improvement.

· Registered
2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Summit
918 Posts
Apparently so but now I get it.
I did test drive a '12 with the V6 and 5 speed before my '12 with the Hemi and 6 speed arrived. It really was a dog. My '23 JGCL with the V6 and 8 speed is more than adequate. I'm totally happy with it and the 50% improvement in fuel economy around town is a big improvement.
I fully agree, "more than adequate" sums it up, I had a 12 JGC HEMI with the 5/6 speed, and it was decent. I've had a 2015 Charger with 5.7 and 8sp, it was super nice, and then a 2018 Challenger with 6.4 and 8sp, also amazing. I rode in my sister in law's 2020 3.6 8sp, and knew that I would be content with a V6 this time. That 8sp is amazing. Only time I miss the HEMI, is on the interstate and hills at the same time. (which is very rare for me)

Reactions: billd4948

· Administrator
11,978 Posts
I did test drive a '12 with the V6 and 5 speed before my '12 with the Hemi and 6 speed arrived.
I was in the same situation...the "test drive" vehicle was a MY12 "WK2" Overland Summit, but with the V6 and 5 speed. Not super noticeable during the test drive, but noticeable, nonetheless. As my application included towing, my order specified the Hemi for the Overland Summit I wanted. It performed very well over the 7 years I owned it, including good fuel economy 'cause I drive "really conservatively". The 8 speed introduced with the MY14 "WK2" was a game changer, IMHO, for getting a lot better performance out of the V6 engine. Enough that outside of "personal love of HEMI" folks, a huge percentage of drivers could be very happy with the V6.

· Registered
1,077 Posts
I get that but this is a little different then what I've encountered in other vehicles. This car throws an error code and a big warning on the dash. It isn't simply not showing the pressure.
You are not alone, and it seems to be recent deliveries of '23MY cars that are exhibiting this. My '21 never did that, despite the never-ending electrical glitches it had. The TPMS always 'just worked'. as designed. It may be a supplier flaw, which may be correctible with a software workaround, who knows.

I would report it to your dealer, though. Jeep can't come up with a solution unless they know there's a problem.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts