Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Grand Cherokee L Laredo 3.6L V6 Pentastar
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a 2022 Grand Cherokee L this week-end in no small part to use for our upcoming family vacation. The Wifi hotspot looked like a good idea, when I tried to activate the Wi-Fi App, I got an error message, a couple calls to AT&T resulted in "It all looks good on our end, you'll need to bring it back to the dealer"

I really don't want to go back to the dealer with this issue, they are lovely Neanderthals, but didn't know a "Trailer Tow Prep Group" option package does NOT include a trailer hitch ( I am still not sure what I got for my $700), the odds of them figuring this one out in under four hours was slim.

So, I started poking around the radio display, selecting Vehicle | Reset | Restore Apps, then followed the prompts. Apparently this resets all apps to their default setting.

Sure enough after the screen restarted, I was able to setup the Wifi hotspot, let's hope AT&Ts service is decent in the rural Nashville suburbs.

I hope this helps someone.

·
Registered
2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Summit
689 Posts
..., but didn't know a "Trailer Tow Prep Group" option package does NOT include a trailer hitch ( I am still not sure what I got for my $700),...
I am assuming HD cooling (rad/trans/oil?) and possibly wiring for trailer, but not the actual hitch itself.
The stuff that is really factory upgrades, not accessory add on stuff that you can do later.
(just an educated guess on my part, I'm sure it's online somewhere)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The window sticker tells the story:
  • Trailer–Hitch Zoom (not sure - but I think this has something to do with the rear camera)
  • Automatic Headlamp Leveling System
  • Rear Load–Leveling Suspension
  • Full Size Spare Tire
So, no receiver, no wiring, no hitch. There is some value, I am planning on getting the missing parts and having my local mechanic install them for me:
  • Lighting kit Wiring: 82216041AB
  • Harness: 82216651AA
  • Receiver: 82219041AA
  • Ball mount: 82213640
  • Ball: 82213565
It isn't a big deal, mostly I am annoyed at the dealer and MOPAR for misrepresenting the situation.

·
Registered
'22 JGC WL
24 Posts
Following up on the original post for those who know....

What would be the difference between using your vehicle's hotspot versus just setting up your own mobile device as a hotspot?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@603mort Good question, I am getting the hotspot for a couple reasons:
1. The vehicle's antenna is said to be better - I have no way of quantifying that one
2. The entire family is on T-Mobile, MOPAR is on AT&T, so we may end up with a better overall experience by having access to both networks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts