Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
I too have an unstable android auto wireless connection. I don’t think I ever got even 30 min before it would disconnect. I’ve tried the steps outlined by Pioneer4x4 with no luck. In fact, if I had wireless android auto enabled on my phone I would lose connection while plugged in! Once I disabled wireless connection within android auto my wired connection was stable. Well…I still have the whole head unit lock up with loud static and then reboot a few times a month.

I’ve had my car 6 months and I decided to switch to an iPhone and see if that would help. It is marginally better. It still disconnects, but now it reconnects within a few seconds whereas AA would hang for 30+ seconds with a huge error message that covered the entire screen. One thing I like about the iPhone is that when I am navigating somewhere, it shows the turn notifications in the HUD and the display behind the steering wheel. So that’s a plus.

I’ll take it to the dealer soon to address this and some other issues. I have zero confidence that they will be able to fix it, but I suppose it’s worth a try.

I have a fully loaded overland WL 2 row and my phones are a Galaxy S20 and a iPhone 14 pro both fully updated.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts