Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm guessing this will happen one day, since electrification is the way forward for Jeep, anyone have any idea when they will make 4xe available in the 3 row Grand?

·
Super Moderator
9,991 Posts
There are no announced plans for this kind of thing other than indications that they appear to plan to do it. :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'd say it may actually be unlikely the GCL gets 4xe... Since they're about to release the GC in 4xe, they would have also announced a GCL as well. I think this may have to do with the batteries going where the 3rd row seats are right now. So if you have a hybrid version you'd lose those making it a moot point

·
Super Moderator
9,991 Posts
I'd say it may actually be unlikely the GCL gets 4xe... Since they're about to release the GC in 4xe, they would have also announced a GCL as well. I think this may have to do with the batteries going where the 3rd row seats are right now. So if you have a hybrid version you'd lose those making it a moot point
That kinda doesn't make sense...WL-74 is shorter than the WL-75 so the space where the third row is on the latter isn't likely a factor relative to electrification since the former doesn't even have that space. Personally, I believe both will get heavy hybrid. The teaser silhouettes seem to cover both...but there are no details.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's a good point, not sure where the battery would go, but I guess if they can fit it in the WL74 and the Wrangler, they can find space in the WL75.

Don't really want to get the 3.6 if the 4xe comes along 12 months later though.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Don't really want to get the 3.6 if the 4xe comes along 12 months later though.
I’d at least wait until Jeep announces the 2022 WL-75. Seems conceivable that given what we saw with the ‘21 MY, new engine and the autonomous features could make their way to the 22 WL-75 even if there are minimal other changes..

·
Registered
418 Posts
they plop the battery under the rear seat in the JL and raised the seat height about 4 inches. Adds 700 lbs to the jeep and give 20sh miles of range. you also get a inverter/regulator and skid underneath, and AC plumbing underneath to cool the battery and coolant circuit to heat the battery.

Attachments

Reactions: Benn0

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Info from another thread:
"The rather good looking rep informed me that the hybrid WL75 4xe will likely be offered in late 2022 as a 2023 model year"

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
They charge quite a premium for the 4xe "upgrade", which adds over 700lbs weight to the wrangler, and according to car and driver's testing, it got lower mpg than the existing jeep engines in the real world. They said it is not smooth operating and suffers from throttle lag, waiting for the highly complex drive system to respond to input, which can be dangerous. No thanks, way too many things to go wrong that will cost an arm and a leg to repair, and most shops will not know how to work on them outside of a dealer.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
They charge quite a premium for the 4xe "upgrade", which adds over 700lbs weight to the wrangler, and according to car and driver's testing, it got lower mpg than the existing jeep engines in the real world. They said it is not smooth operating and suffers from throttle lag, waiting for the highly complex drive system to respond to input, which can be dangerous. No thanks, way too many things to go wrong that will cost an arm and a leg to repair, and most shops will not know how to work on them outside of a dealer.
Depends on what your driving is like. I do less than 10 miles a day for weekly driving, and its all local roads to school and shops, so EV only mode will work fine for me and can charge it off my solar. It will cost me nothing to drive most of the time. Then when I do need to do a longer trip I can run it on petrol and not worry about range.

And 6 seconds 0-60mph is pretty good too.

I have an ecodiesel at the moment, throttle lag is really bad, can't imaging the 4xe is worse, and its really not liking my short trip driving.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts