Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2015 MB C300 Sport
1,191 Posts
Every OEM Jeep accessory I've installed on my new 2014 GC Limited (except for the McGard locking lugnuts) has "Made in China" written on the box...e.g. pedals, skid plates...

:mad:

·
Registered
2015 MB C300 Sport
1,191 Posts
I have to correct myself; the skid plate boxes did in fact have "Made in USA" on them...along with the slush & cargo mats. The upgraded pedals, and tow hooks I believe were made in China. Don't know about the mudflaps, they were installed by the dealership.

·
Registered
2015 MB C300 Sport
1,191 Posts
This concept of a "Global Economy" will never be fair to the workers of this country unless all the other countries involved are playing by the same rules when it comes to following U.S. regulations.

Why should goods manufactured & sold in the U.S. follow all the U.S. safety rules & regulations, but businesses who contract manufacturing outside the U.S. (namely in China) be allowed to sell products here that are not constrained to these very same U.S. regulations?

That's called an unfair competitive advantage, with the workers of the U.S. first dealing with this problem back in the 90's when NAFTA was first implemented. These days the "Giant Sucking Sound" comes from China.

·
Registered
2015 MB C300 Sport
1,191 Posts
Totally agreed, but on the other end of the stick. This monster was created by us and corporate greed. Regulation or not if we the consumer choice not to buy products made from a countries that does not have good safety rule & regulations these companies wouldn't even exist.
Agreed.

I just so happen to be one of those people who pay extra for something manufactured in the U.S., and will not shop at certain stores (Walmart) or buy products from "questionable" countries whenever possible.

It really sticks in my craw when American businesses sub-contract their manufacturing out to countries like China...where worker safety or fair business practices are laughed at. Just look at the money American businesses lose to counterfit goods alone...and no country comes close to China on that front.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.