· Registered
Overland 4x4
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mirros and grill today

Attachments

· Registered
44 Posts
YES! Looks great! I've got my plasti dip and glossifier in hand and the grille is what I had in mind to do first. Was wondering if I should keep the chrome.... Your excellent pics answered that question. Mine is Granite Chrystal: Hopefully it will look good!

· Registered
Overland 4x4
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
YES! Looks great! I've got my plasti dip and glossifier in hand and the grille is what I had in mind to do first. Was wondering if I should keep the chrome.... Your excellent pics answered that question. Mine is Granite Chrystal: Hopefully it will look good!
Hell yes its so simple yet makes a drastic improvment on the demenor of the front end +) be sure to tape up all the grill inserts I did it with the hood open and wrapped towels & tape around everything engine, rad, hood, sheet on the front windhshield in the end I still buffed the body with mircor fiber to remove the plasti overspray. Use a razor blade to seperste the lines if it is too thick and use toothpick to remove dip from the hard to reach spots. I didn't tape the headlights cleaning them up was easy just roll the dip off with fingers. Good Luck!!!

Attachments

· Registered
Overland 4x4
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Well, here it is!! A definite improvement but doesn't contrast as well with Granite.
Awesome came out clean! I think I prefer the matte ish style right now over the oem
. Have any before pics? The granite is definitely not as contrasty, still overall great job!

· Registered
Overland 4x4
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
This is awesome! Makes me wish I got a white one... I went with the brilliant black
My last one was brilliant black and everytime I saw a white one I was like dammit lol here she is with dipped rims

Attachments

· Registered
33 Posts
Looks great! Did you lower it or is it all the way down on the bags? I'm looking to do the same to my gc once I get the cash to actually paint the grille area you plastic dipped and then buy some repro srt8 wheels.

I also really like how you dipped the side view mirrors black too. All your gc needs now if paint matched door handles.

· Registered
Overland 4x4
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Looks great! Did you lower it or is it all the way down on the bags? I'm looking to do the same to my gc once I get the cash to actually paint the grille area you plastic dipped and then buy some repro srt8 wheels.

I also really like how you dipped the side view mirrors black too. All your gc needs now if paint matched door handles.
Hey thanks I'm digging the dip so far I had to redo one of the mirrors recently the mechanics at the dealership for grease on there either intentionally or not either way grease eats through your dip like paint thinner FYI. Eventually I will get all the parts black in oem brilliant black once the parts become availabe. I'd also like SRT wheels but the ones with the 10" backspacing. I thought about dipping the door handles white lol & yes its in park mode lowered.

· Registered
56 Posts
Hmm, not a fan of the black lower bumper insert. I have a laredo and just swapped my black plastic insert for a mopar chrome one. But to each his own.
I do like the look of the dipped grille fascia. Any pics in the sun light? That's where you see the beauty of GCM

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.