Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

121 - 140 of 147 Posts

·
Premium Member
2005 WK
2,396 Posts
Just installed the H10 fog light kit and the 6500k headlight kit . Both kits were easy to install and went together in a snap . I look forward to see what they look like tonight .

Ordered the fog light kit over the weekend with 6500k bulbs and they arrived today , so really fast shipping ... very pleased !!

·
Registered
3,768 Posts
spyder873 - Thanks for the feedback and glad to hear everything went smoothly! Would love to some pictures of the final result :)

Danny

·
Premium Member
2005 WK
2,396 Posts
Here are some pics and a small video . sorry if the quality isnt great I took them with my cell phone ,but the color is fantastic for night . all the road markers just jump out .

during the video, I shut the fog lights off then turned them back on .

Attachments

·
Registered
3,768 Posts
spyder873 - That looks awesome! Thanks for taking a video as well :) Something we can share with other customers when their not sure about the color.

Danny

·
Premium Member
2005 WK
2,396 Posts
No problem . Thank you !

·
Registered
3,768 Posts
Unabomber - Thank you for the pictures, that turned out very nice. I do believe the 5000K is a great balance of color and light output.

Danny

·
Registered
27 Posts
Just put in a set of Volt 4300 in a 2005 WK. Very impressed with the quality of the kit. The lights look great and bright as heck.

I do have two qestions-

When I turn on my high beams the low beams now stay on. didI do something wrong?I'm OK with it, but is it legal?

The kit I bought is 4300K. I also bought some silverstar ultra at the same time for the highbeam (4100K) the HID system looks much whiter. I still love the look but was hoping they would be closer in output.

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
3,768 Posts
Hi Zale,

The lights will function like stock once you install our HID kit. Are you certain that your low beams did not stay on previously when you switched to high beam?

Steve

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi Steve, Looking to add HID fog lights to my 2011 WK2. If I want an easy install and true plug-n-play should I go with the extreme HID kit? Also, would you recommend the 4300k or 5000k to match the OEM HIDs? Thanks for the help!!
- Mike

·
Registered
3,768 Posts
Hi,

Upgrading your fog light to HID with an HID Kit will require you to tap into your vehicle's fog light harness. The HID bulb however will plug directly into your fog lights with no modifications. I would suggest looking at 4300k for the closest match to your OEM HID headlights as your OEM bulbs are 4300k.

If you are simply trying to better color match your fog lights you may want to try out these 5202 30W LED fog light bulbs. They are rated at 725 lumens and are available in 5000k and 6000k.

Steve

·
Registered
88 Posts
Guys need help!! bought a 6500k xtreme kit for my 09 Grand installed the kit today, both lights lit up and seemed fine but then i went out and started driving, and i noticed it looked like the lights are flickering, and besides that, the esp bas and traction control lights are on, on the dash, figured its some kind of computer malfunction or error code, what will fix this ???

·
Registered
3,768 Posts
Guys need help!! bought a 6500k xtreme kit for my 09 Grand installed the kit today, both lights lit up and seemed fine but then i went out and started driving, and i noticed it looked like the lights are flickering, and besides that, the esp bas and traction control lights are on, on the dash, figured its some kind of computer malfunction or error code, what will fix this ???
Are you using the relay harness provided with the HID kit? Do you have day time running lights on the vehicle?

Danny

·
Registered
88 Posts
Are you using the relay harness provided with the HID kit? Do you have day time running lights on the vehicle?

Danny
Yes on thr DRL's, and yes i used everything provided in the correct order, but i called up today and someone pointed me in the right direction, thank you for the response :thumbsup:

121 - 140 of 147 Posts