Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Trailhawk
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to start this thread, apart from the others, to discuss issues or praises of their modified headlight conversion. I bought mine from jeep_addicted and purchased brand new xenon headlights from mopar. I am about to start the conversation but wanted to hear everyone’s personal experience with this particular modification. I have heard of issues and some have had no problems. Hopefully, this can be a platform for all of us talking this conversion, which should have come stock on ALL WK2’s! Let’s hear!

·
Registered
2015 WK2 Altitude
70 Posts
Good topic.

Curious to hear how these have performed long-term. I even remember reading that Jeep can refuse warranty work since the electrical has been messed with with this type of conversion.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Most people that do this conversion, do it themselves. Meaning, should something break or happen, they are capable of fixing it or somewhat mechanically inclined to figure it out on their own.

You gotta pay to play !!!!

Most people thought I was insane for pulling my 1 day old 2017 F350 into my shop and ripping the motor out. Lol. Well.....2 blocks later and lots of $$$ I'm finally in the 11's lol.

Warranties are subject to dealerships. And vehicle owners for that matter. Dealer would have to prove that the light conversion was the cause of any problem that might arise. Imho....they probably won't even notice if it's done right.

Side funny story.. brought my F350 in for some paint quotes. Parked inside "fast lane" for service. Tailgate was off with nitrous bottle bolted in bed with aux cooling fans lol. Service Manager just smiled and walked away. 2 weeks later, my primary water pump goes bad. Drove in...showed them leak pics and antifreeze under hood..... completely covered under warranty.

I would do it. Maybe ask your dealer if anyone has done it with help from them. I might be wrong, but doesn't the pcm need to be flashed afterwards to officially have them work? If so, ask dealer what that costs and throw out the idea that you might do it. See what they say.

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee
4,429 Posts
Part of the Beauty of Mopar Performance Parts and Accessories, they do not void your warranty if you use them. Of course, some things in their catalog for performance parts do void your warranty, and mention that.

Of course if you install them yourself, they could always fall back on that for voiding your warranty. But if you have the dealer install them, and its an official Mopar Accessory, then you should not have warranty issues, if it effects the warranty in any way, it would state it in the catalog.

The accessory catalog for a lot of cars has a retrofit kit for the remote engine start, not exactly like the factory installed remote start, although to the driver there is no difference. The idea was Chrysler/FCA designed it to be a dealer installed option that was as compatible with the car as the factory installed option and thus did not effect the warranty.

·
Registered
2020 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
315 Posts
What are you defining as a “conversion”? The HID kits that replace the halogen bulbs are often called a conversion kit.

·
Registered
15 Grand Cherokee
381 Posts
Does anybody know if the 2017 grand Cherokee halogen lenses are interchangeable with the bi-xenon lenses?
if by lenses you mean headlight assembly yes they are all interchangable , however certain years will require an extra piece of trim to close in the gap on the earlier models.

·
Registered
15 Grand Cherokee
381 Posts
What are you defining as a “conversion”? The HID kits that replace the halogen bulbs are often called a conversion kit.
Talking about replacing the entire headlight assembly from the halogen to the Lux 2 package with Bi-Xenon HID and Led Ribbon

·
Registered
21 Posts
I will however continue my project to create a better and cheaper way for people to have those bi-xenon headmps once mine are installed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts