Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for opinions on the Yakima Offgrid large vs medium. I know it depends on my what I need to carry, but generally I think at this point I could get away with either. So I'm wondering how folks who have tried them out feel about how they fit on the Grand Cherokee - does the large end up too wide in general, does the medium look too small :)?

Medium is 40" wide, 44" long, and 40 lbs (62" long and 52 lbs with optional extension).
Large is 49" w x 53" long, and 50lbs (75" long and 67 lbs).

Another key consideration also is weight. The Yakima crossbars are rated for 165 lbs, so the weight of the rack definitely is a factor. I'm leaning towards the medium with possibly the extension for this reason. Though longer term I'm thinking I could look at getting Offroad Animal crossrails...

Thanks!
d

·
Premium Member
559 Posts
We have the medium on the wife's Compass. I think it may look a little small on a Grand Cherokee, if looks are a consideration for you.

Wheel Tire Sky Vehicle registration plate Car

Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Grille Automotive lighting

Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle registration plate Car Vehicle Plant

·
Registered
2021 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We have the medium on the wife's Compass. I think it may look a little small on a Grand Cherokee, if looks are a consideration for you.
Thanks! Nice pics. I like how you used the extra space on the side.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts