Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all-

I've got the Wk2 with the 5.7 hemi in a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee.
Been researching this code now for a couple of years but it's got me stumped. Browsing the internet it's obvious that I'm not the only one.

Here's what happens:

Code gets set within the first 15 minutes of driving from cold as indicated by the check engine light and traction control light. If I delete the code with my ELM 327 adaptor and jscan after about 15 minutes it will then stay off or it goes away by itself after 3 successful runs at temp. Upon cold start again the next day the code returns.

I've replaced the cam and crank sensors
I've checked the connections between the sensor and the pcm and measured the voltage (5v) and resistance between the cam sensor signal line and pcm to check for wiring issues as per the diagram below. No issues even when wiggling the wires etc.

I've also followed all the diagnostic procedures from the manual except for the waveform for the cmp cause my scan tool for some reason can't read the cam sensor (jscan)

Any other ideas?

·
Registered
2017 Summit, California Edition Hemi
354 Posts
Did you replace the sensors with Mopar ones? I've had issues with aftermarket sensors before. For starters, look into the S4505 splice and make sure it's solid and not loose or corroded. That's the sensor ground circuit for several sensors.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the response. Yes the sensors are Mopar originals. I'll try check the S4505 splice- Any idea where abouts in the engine bay I might be able to find it? Can you point me in a general direction?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts