Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Jeep Wrangler Sport 2 Door 6 Spd., 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland Summit 3.6L
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry to re-hash this issue, but I have nowhere else to go. I’ve been a silent observer of this forum for a while, but never posted anything, so let me know if this in the wrong place. So here it goes!

I just bought a 2012 Summit, and love it. But.. I bought it fully knowing it needed Quadra-Lift work, and I was fully aware of what I might get myself into. I’ve read the headaches on here, and have had family go through similar issues on there own Overland, but, the headaches simply wont go away.

What I’ve Done: Two new rear air shocks, new compressor and valve were installed by an independent mechanic, and a few problematic lines were installed that go through the interior just to use the new ends on them, can’t buy just the ends of course. (been going to same mechanic for decades, trusted)

Local Chrysler dealership filled the system with nitrogen, and reprogrammed ride height and whatever else needed programming.

Brought Jeep home, no leaks at all, tight system, Jeep raised and lowered as it should, except.. The air suspension pump runs almost constantly and is continually cycling on and off, it did this for my entire commute. Pulled fuse out, pump obviously stopped working, and Jeep didn’t leak at all. Would install fuse in the morning to pump whatever little amount was needed to firm system up from sitting overnight and driving the previous day, remove fuse, and repeat the process. I did this for about a week.

I bring it back to Chrysler about a week later and they tell me the valve that transfers the air to the system is reading significantly lower pressure than is actually in the system. Ok, so new valve, right?

Bring Jeep back to same independent mechanic, swap out the new valve that came with new pump, and put the old valve back on with the new pump.

Bring Jeep back to Chrysler, they fill the system and tell me now I need a new pump?!? After one week?!?! I’m 99.99% certain this is hogwash.

So, I bring my Jeep home and it sits with all airbags fully depressed in my driveway, like a sad squatted ‘pimp my ride’ Jeep would look like. It’s back to what it looked like when I got it!!

Can anybody point me to any of the many threads to help me address this problem, I’m at my wits end, and any help would be greatly appreciated. Living in new England and NOT being able to use my AWD vehicle is getting annoying.

·
Registered
2014 Summit 5.7 4wd 20" tires swapped to 18", added all skid plates
1,388 Posts
If I followed this all you just put a new pump on just a few weeks ago and now Chrysler is saying you need a new one. Assuming they are right, can't you get the new one you just put on replaced under warranty?

·
Registered
2010 Jeep Wrangler Sport 2 Door 6 Spd., 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland Summit 3.6L
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If I followed this all you just put a new pump on just a few weeks ago and now Chrysler is saying you need a new one. Assuming they are right, can't you get the new one you just put on replaced under warranty?
Unfortunately I did not purchase the pump through Chrysler, and it did not come with a warranty. The Jeep is well past its warranty life as well.

·
Registered
2014 Grand Cherokee
1,095 Posts
Unfortunately I did not purchase the pump through Chrysler, and it did not come with a warranty. The Jeep is well past its warranty life as well.
I'd get a second opinion on that bad pump, though if it's an E-Bay pump from China, they might be correct.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Next best thing, from Amazon. Lining up a second appointment this afternoon with a different Jeep dealership.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Sorry to re-hash this issue, but I have nowhere else to go. I’ve been a silent observer of this forum for a while, but never posted anything, so let me know if this in the wrong place. So here it goes!

I just bought a 2012 Summit, and love it. But.. I bought it fully knowing it needed Quadra-Lift work, and I was fully aware of what I might get myself into. I’ve read the headaches on here, and have had family go through similar issues on there own Overland, but, the headaches simply wont go away.

What I’ve Done: Two new rear air shocks, new compressor and valve were installed by an independent mechanic, and a few problematic lines were installed that go through the interior just to use the new ends on them, can’t buy just the ends of course. (been going to same mechanic for decades, trusted)

Local Chrysler dealership filled the system with nitrogen, and reprogrammed ride height and whatever else needed programming.

Brought Jeep home, no leaks at all, tight system, Jeep raised and lowered as it should, except.. The air suspension pump runs almost constantly and is continually cycling on and off, it did this for my entire commute. Pulled fuse out, pump obviously stopped working, and Jeep didn’t leak at all. Would install fuse in the morning to pump whatever little amount was needed to firm system up from sitting overnight and driving the previous day, remove fuse, and repeat the process. I did this for about a week.

I bring it back to Chrysler about a week later and they tell me the valve that transfers the air to the system is reading significantly lower pressure than is actually in the system. Ok, so new valve, right?

Bring Jeep back to same independent mechanic, swap out the new valve that came with new pump, and put the old valve back on with the new pump.

Bring Jeep back to Chrysler, they fill the system and tell me now I need a new pump?!? After one week?!?! I’m 99.99% certain this is hogwash.

So, I bring my Jeep home and it sits with all airbags fully depressed in my driveway, like a sad squatted ‘pimp my ride’ Jeep would look like. It’s back to what it looked like when I got it!!

Can anybody point me to any of the many threads to help me address this problem, I’m at my wits end, and any help would be greatly appreciated. Living in new England and NOT being able to use my AWD vehicle is getting annoying.
Hi Overlanding_Charlie,
We are certainly sorry to hear about the trouble you are experiencing with your Jeep. If you would like any additional support with dealer visits, please feel free to send us a PM with more information.

Kathryn
JeepCares

·
Registered
4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
The pumps from Amazon are china made junk.I tried one.Sent it back.You can buy just the fittings.Google the brand name on the fitting.Most issues with these are not big deals.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts