Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
61 - 80 of 428 Posts
Anyone know how to stop the screen from spazzing out while waiting for it to get fixed? Mine started switching between CarPlay and media, then while on a call kept muting and unmuting me, and the screen off button did nothing to help. I couldn't even turn it off with the volume button, it turned itself back on.

I push the button for Navigation and that seems to do okay. It will try to search for random locations but at least the radio is on one channel and the car isn't muting all my calls. Good luck. I'm waiting for my screen to arrive too. UGH.

I push the button for Navigation and that seems to do okay. It will try to search for random locations but at least the radio is on one channel and the car isn't muting all my calls. Good luck. I'm waiting for my screen to arrive too. UGH.
I'm waiting on the dealership to call me to schedule to begin with! Thank you for the tip!

It's been over 6 months since mine started delaminating and I've driven the past 5 with the unit turned completely off. Does anyone have an update on the screens they've had replaced? I really don't want to fork out over a grand just to have the same issue again :\

Get yours in under 3yr/36k warranty, or if you have an extended plan. This is a known issue.
Just got off the phone with Chrysler and they told me mine wasn’t covered. I would have thought a 2018 would still be under the 3 yr but I guess because I am at 60k miles it’s not covered. Wish I would have known when I bought this thing the tiny little bubble at the very top corner would turn into a HUGE issue. Any suggestions for NON warranty repairs?? I can’t spend $2500 to get this fixed. Any suggestions would be appreciated

It's been over 6 months since mine started delaminating and I've driven the past 5 with the unit turned completely off. Does anyone have an update on the screens they've had replaced? I really don't want to fork out over a grand just to have the same issue again :\
I am actually just going through the dealership. I didn’t qualify for any help from jeep cares or the Chrysler good will program. If you’re near your warranty or the original owner, you do. Get it fixed! It can mess up your climate control too.

That’s a huge cost... mine is less than or right at $1000, but there is the Infotainment group that rebuilds all of Chrysler/dodge/jeep radios, they could quote you on replacing it. My dealership suggested them. Or get the screen for $400-$500 off of eBay and change it following youtube videos. My only concern with that is the fact that jeep considers the issue a ‘unit’ issue not a screen issue.... so no guarantee that just changing the screen will prevent this from reoccurring. Good luck!! I’m waiting on my radio to come in!

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 25th Aniversary Package. 53k Miles and I noticed the screen delaminating about 5 months ago and now is getting worse. Screen still works fine but I was wondering how hard it is, if I have to pay out of pocket for this repair, if it was simple enough to install the 2019+ screens that are gloss black and flush with the dashboard. Is this a possibility? I haven't spoken to my dealership yet but like I said, if I'm paying for this repair, i would like the look of the gloss black.

I am leasing a 2019 Limited and now have the screen issue. Lease was for 3 years / 45k miles and am now at 41k. Lease is up in a couple of months but am not clear if I have to get this fixed before returning. Anyone have any experience on this?

Hi, I'm sorry to hear this. Please let me know if you plan on visiting a dealership for this concern. I would be happy to open a case for you.

Alison
JeepCares
Hello Alison,

New to the forum and came upon the threads of people dealing with this issue while researching it on the net. Our 8.4" Uconnect screen is also delaminating. We thought it was a crack initially but noticed the delamination beginning to occur over a year ago and right around 47-48k miles (about 10k outside our factory warranty). Since then, the delamination has gotten worse and just recently began effecting the operation of the screen with random "touches" of random buttons on the touchscreen. We have since been unable to even turn the unit on for well over a month.

The vehicle is a 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude /w Nav. I can send the VIN via PM if needed.

We have approximately 65k miles on the vehicle now. Since this is a known issue but there is not a former recall issued yet, can JeepCares assist with a repair outside the warranty?

Thanks!
Derek

Good morning,

I'm sorry to hear that some of you are experiencing these same concerns with your Uconnect touchscreen delaminating. I kindly recommend reaching out to your preferred dealer to have them appropriately diagnose your concerns and apply the terms of your warranty. Your dealer may be willing to work with you on this once they perform a proper diagnosis and consider all of the necessary information.

If anyone would like additional assistance alongside their dealer visit, please feel free to send us a private message and we can look into it further for you.

Thanks,

Courtney
Jeep Cares

Following. I'm outside the warranty period, but feel like this should be fixed under a recall for free.

Reactions: MikeDooling
Good luck with that, I tried, called and got all the way to corporate’s corporate. They won’t pay, and don’t care. If you’re the original owner, you stand a chance but if not 🤷🏼‍♀️

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk. I'm sitting at my dealer right now with this specific problem. Running diagnostics and tech will reach out to order. Didn't notice delamination until last week, but have been having ghost-button and climate control problems for a couple weeks now.

Recently out of my bumber-to-bumper, but I am in the Mopar extended warranty. Sounds like this is more of a mfgr defect, with how many instances seem to appear.

I have a 2018 trailhawk too and someone suggested a screen protector a while back. When I saw this thread about potential delamination, I decided not to mess with the screen at all (other than keep it clean). So far my screen is okay, but I don't want any chance that they claim I did something to damage the screen. Hoping mine holds up, but who knows.

I just got my screen/radio replaced from my 2018 GC, noticed the delamination starting, so I figured that I'd get it fixed before it becomes a big issue. Of course I'm outside of official warranty due to age(not miles), but I do have the lifetime max care warranty(yup that mega warranty)
dealer was super nice, but they got denied by some major asshole with the warranty company as the unit was still working, never mentioned that my Sirius XM channels were not saving. Anyway the dealership being creative found out that claims below $200 do not need authorization from the warranty company, so they got an "exchange unit" which was still new but basically just the labor to replace it.
dealership replaced it for me, and I had to pay my deductible of $100 to get this done.

Love my Jeep's, but man they make it really hard to ever trust them long term.

I have the maxcare warranty too, so hoping it is covered if I ever have a problem. Most of the reports are from southern states, and I just moved south last year. We'll see how it goes.

I live in IL and my 2017.5 Compass screen has begun to delaminate as well. I took it to the dealer and they said they have begun seeing this very frequently and just had someone else with the same issue that just left before I arrived. They won't do anything with it being out of warranty so I opened a case. This is absolutely ridiculous it hasn't already been recalled especially considering everyone talking about it pushing random buttons on the screen. Has anyone had is start messing around with any of the safety settings yet?

This can can distraction and safety issues while driving. Calling people etc. Going to bring that up. This can now be a huge recall due to safety issues.

61 - 80 of 428 Posts