Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

181 - 196 of 196 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Its worth to get the mx+ instead mx?
MX+ is IOS compatible, but Alfa is not.

Save your money and get the MX.

The developer recommends the MX because there are modules that require an adapter harness, to access. The MX jumpers the connections, on demand, so no need for an external harness adapter.

I am not referring to the security bypass, but an OBD jumper harness.

Other modules may work for some things. MX works for everything.

Bob

·
Registered
156 Posts
MX+ is IOS compatible, but Alfa is not.

Save your money and get the MX.

The developer recommends the MX because there are modules that require an adapter harness, to access. The MX jumpers the connections, on demand, so no need for an external harness adapter.

I am not referring to the security bypass, but an OBD jumper harness.

Other modules may work for some things. MX works for everything.

Bob
Thanks bob!! Thats exactly what i need. Didnt know well about MX+ ifnit worth it

·
Registered
2020 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
39 Posts
i got all the parts and bought the software to play with this. There are 2 options disc used in this thread that I can’t find and one setting that seemed wrong I’m hoping to get guidance.
The two setting I can’t find are
Windows (global?) up and down with the fob.
Setting for the lane change turn signal to set the number of blinks.
The oddball setting was in the fuel quantity. I’m in the US but the fuel quantity setting was UK Gallons. I changed it to US Gallons and haven’t noticed any changes but hope I didn’t screw up the fuel gauge.

·
Registered
546 Posts
i got all the parts and bought the software to play with this. There are 2 options disc used in this thread that I can’t find and one setting that seemed wrong I’m hoping to get guidance.
The two setting I can’t find are
Window up and down with the fob.
Setting for the lane change turn signal to set the number of blinks.
The oddball setting was in the fuel quantity. I’m in the US but the fuel quantity setting was UK Gallons. I changed it to US Gallons and haven’t noticed any changes but hope I didn’t screw up the fuel gauge.
The windows settings you are looking for are called:

GLOBAL WINDOWS UP: YES

GLOBAL WINDOWS DOWN: YES

Only UP works. You can set DOWN, but you get nothing.

Once set, the FOBIK goes like this:

UNLOCK/UNLOCK-hold

The window will roll down, as long as you hold the button.

These settings can be found in the BCM.

Bob

·
Registered
39 Posts
The windows settings you are looking for are called:

GLOBAL WINDOWS UP: YES

GLOBAL WINDOWS DOWN: YES

Only UP works. You can set DOWN, but you get nothing.

Once set, the FOBIK goes like this:

UNLOCK/UNLOCK-hold

The window will roll down, as long as you hold the button.

These settings can be found in the BCM.

Bob
Would you have a screen shot? There was about a dozen pages of options in the BCM and I didn’t find anything labeled “global”. I went thru the list 4 times before giving up. i was beginning to think it was in another module OR it’s no longer available for 2020 models.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Would you have a screen shot? There was about a dozen pages of options in the BCM and I didn’t find anything labeled “global”. I went thru the list 4 times before giving up. i was beginning to think it was in another module OR it’s no longer available for 2020 models.
Here's my tutorial:

Bob

·
Registered
39 Posts
Here's my tutorial:

Bob
This was helpful. I was just looking in BCM, your tutorial pointed me to BCM->Doors and it was right there as the first 2 settings. As others pointed out down works, up doesn’t.
Now my only concern is the Fuel quantity setting being switched from UK to US.

181 - 196 of 196 Posts