Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

201 - 220 of 241 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Why are amber DRLs bad? Many GM cars have them that way from the factory and I went out of my way to add amber DRLs on my Mustang (it didn't come with any). For those of us who ride motorcycles, amber DRLs are a huge improvement over all those vehicles on the road using headlights as DRLs because then our bikes (which require headlights on during the day) don't register with all the distracted drivers aiming to kill us. Amber DRLs are distinctive and visible from a good distance. Of course, fancy shaped LED DRLs are also good - just white headlights or position lights are a problem.

·
Registered
2014 GC Limited 4X4
384 Posts
Why are amber DRLs bad? Many GM cars have them that way from the factory and I went out of my way to add amber DRLs on my Mustang (it didn't come with any). For those of us who ride motorcycles, amber DRLs are a huge improvement over all those vehicles on the road using headlights as DRLs because then our bikes (which require headlights on during the day) don't register with all the distracted drivers aiming to kill us. Amber DRLs are distinctive and visible from a good distance. Of course, fancy shaped LED DRLs are also good - just white headlights or position lights are a problem.
You're overthinking what he posted. He wasn't able to get them to work the way he wanted so that's bad

·
Registered
2020 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
78 Posts
Only bad in that you invest in a switchback only to not have it work as advertised. Without additional hardware modifications and splicing wires a Zevo 7443/7444A would have worked if you wanted LEDs that are all amber. That’s all.

·
Quadra-Drive II
2020 Trailhawk
766 Posts
Would you have a screen shot? There was about a dozen pages of options in the BCM and I didn’t find anything labeled “global”. I went thru the list 4 times before giving up. i was beginning to think it was in another module OR it’s no longer available for 2020 models.
I have a 2020 Trailhawk. The Alfa OBD version 2.2.1.0 windows version and its under DOORS.

·
Quadra-Drive II
2020 Trailhawk
766 Posts
I have two questions. If I want to turn on my brake controller is that under the P/T CHASSIS NET-ITBM/HWM Integrated Brake controller?

Also if I want to turn off/disable the ESS can I do it with the CBC Config I/O usage Start/stop switch present?

These might be questions for @Jimmy07.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Okay, here we go on coding my 2019 JGC Trailhawk.

Finally got my Autel Security Module Bypass cable, ODBLink MX, and AlfaOBD up and running. First off, I will say the AlfaOBD up is NOT that intuitive and this coming from somebody who has coded multiple VW's, BMW's, Mini Coopers, etc. However, once you get used to the interface then it's rather easy. Took a few hours of browsing how to's, this forum, the Ram forums, and Youtube to know what to expect.

Anyhow, I successfully coded the following under the Body Module:

Disabled the DRL Dropout
Disabled the Fog Light Dropout
Enabled LED for all rear turn signals, brake, and reverse lights.
Adjusted Wiper swipes after clean

I plan to still do the following but need help figuring out:

Disable Active Noise Cancelling - The two ANC settings I found under Cabin NET and Chassis NET both already show disabled? I have an aftermarket exhaust and although I can't fully tell it's an issue I want to disable this.
Enable In Motion Nav Entry - I can't find the function for this either. It would be nice to be able to input navigation functions when driving (I understand the safety concerns).
Full Disable ESP - I'm hoping this is something I can do as when I push the ESP disable now stability control stays active. So for times in the snow or mud when you are playing around I still have ESP intervention. I want the ESP to be fully disabled when you press ESP off in the cabin.
Change Number of Blinks when Blinker Stalk Tapped - This was a nice feature on my previous BMW I coded. I feel that 3 blinks when tapped isn't an adequate number when the stalk is tapped (not engaged). Anyway to increase this to a different selection, say 5?

Any help finding these features are appreciated. It's worth mentioning in ZAutomotive Tazers User Guide these are all listed as supported features so I assume AlfaOBD can do it as well, I just haven't found them.

·
Registered
111 Posts
There is nothing in AlfaOBD to disable esp completely, its not convenient but pulling a fuse is the only option. I've looked through the ABS controller in AlfaOBD and nothing to turn it off.

·
Registered
2014 GC Limited 4X4
384 Posts
I tried the navigation in motion and shut it off, but it didn't work. I haven't messed with it since I first tried.If you figure it out please post back.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Tried the only thing I could find in the Radio and Body Modules for enabling Video in Motion but it didn't work. Also can't find a way to disable ESP all the way. So odd because these are two distinct features the ZAutomotive Tazer lists as being able to do. I'm sure it has to be buried somewhere in AlfaOBD.

·
Registered
GC TH
402 Posts
I emailed Alexet and got this:

“I'm only aware of " ECUConfig 3 - Disable Navigation Lockout " setting (or
" ECUConfig 3 - CTP Navigation Haptic Speller Enabled ", the same setting
under a different name on some cars) . Maybe this option should be enabled
together with the "Cust.Set.Menu 1 - Navigation Turn-by-Turn CSM Present" .
If this doesn't enable the nav in motion, sorry I have no ideas at the
moment.”

Someone try it and let us know if it changes anything.

Reactions: Diboblo

·
Registered
GC TH
402 Posts
LOL, I would, but don’t have it yet. I’m trying to decide which route to go that handles all of the things I want.

·
Registered
2014 GC Limited 4X4
384 Posts
I haven't messed with the AlfaOBD a lot. I don't have to much I want changed. Eventually power fold mirrors, The navigation in motion would be nice when I have a passenger. Not sure what else I would want done. I've done the fog light and DRL dropout.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I haven't messed with the AlfaOBD a lot. I don't have to much I want changed. Eventually power fold mirrors, The navigation in motion would be nice when I have a passenger. Not sure what else I would want done. I've done the fog light and DRL dropout.
I’d like to be able to use CarPlay while in motion. For some reason Jeep kills it and I have to be distracted and use the phone directly. Defeats the purpose of CarPlay and the only brand(FCA) that does this. My other vehicles are not an issue.

·
Registered
2014 GC Limited 4X4
384 Posts
I don't have carplay. That is odd why they disable it. Sometimes I don't think the engineers think when doing certain things.

·
Registered
2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk 5.7L Hemi
96 Posts
Engineers just build it. Product guys design it. And often times this is a failure in design, not a failure in build.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Engineers just build it. Product guys design it. And often times this is a failure in design, not a failure in build.
This surprises me. I’m used to the Japanese program management that misinterprets the requirements. Followed by the Indian programmers that can’t think outside the box. But in this case FCA has successfully implemented the worst implementation of CarPlay that defeats the purpose. The Germans, Japs, Koreans and even the US(GM/Ford) have gotten it right. SAD!

·
Registered
GC TH
402 Posts
Interesting, @jnmarshall. I have no issues with CarPlay. It works while we’re driving just fine. Have you checked your Uconnect version? I would try to maybe reset it or hit up the dealer.

201 - 220 of 241 Posts