Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I know this isn’t related but can anyone tell me how to get a post approved so it can be viewed? I posted asking thoughts on if my Jeep is totaled or not!

·
Registered
365 Posts
I selected Over-the-Air update 5 times with 5 failures. Sprint phone service here is poor - so that may be a problem. Since the attempted updates, my clock would not sync with the GPS and Remote Start would not work. On this website, I found a post by Jeep that listed a website to download my update. It worked great. Went from 17.43.01 to 18.45.01 on my early 2014 GC (took delivery in March 2013). Haven't seen any problems or improvements.

Tom

·
Registered
2014 Grand Cherokee
1,082 Posts
I selected Over-the-Air update 5 times with 5 failures. Sprint phone service here is poor - so that may be a problem. Since the attempted updates, my clock would not sync with the GPS and Remote Start would not work. On this website, I found a post by Jeep that listed a website to download my update. It worked great. Went from 17.43.01 to 18.45.01 on my early 2014 GC (took delivery in March 2013). Haven't seen any problems or improvements.

Tom
The real purpose of the update, which installed much faster than previous ones, was to resolve a GPS problem that began at the beginning of November due to the rollover of the week counter on the GPS system (the national one, not the UConnect system). The UConnect system had to be reset to match the new numbering order or it became inaccurate, as you found out.

·
Registered
365 Posts
The real purpose of the update, which installed much faster than previous ones, was to resolve a GPS problem that began at the beginning of November due to the rollover of the week counter on the GPS system (the national one, not the UConnect system). The UConnect system had to be reset to match the new numbering order or it became inaccurate, as you found out.
Thanks for that info.

·
Registered
2014 Grand Cherokee
1,082 Posts
Thanks for that info.
You're quite welcome. I've noticed that a lot of people seem to be confusing the two updates. You cannot install the map update until the UConnect update has been installed and that update really needs to be installed to make the GPS work even if you don't want to buy the map update. But, it's not just a UConnect problem; it affects all GPS units unless they had some kind of software built in to handle the rollover. With many of the systems though, the rollover update is hidden in the map updates. Garmin does that as does Tom Tom from what I can tell. The problem with our units is that UConnect handles part of the radio/GPS management and HERE provides the maps, so we need to deal with both entitities.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hello, I had the same problem. Radio will be replaced. How dod you get reimbursed by the company? Im paying out of pocket hoping they will fully reimburse As their update bricked my radio that worked previously to the update. Just wondering how they took care of you

41 - 47 of 47 Posts